• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My net on a good day

My net on a good day 11 years 1 week ago #693

The administrator has disabled public write access.

My net on a good day 11 years 4 days ago #694

I'd take a stable 80meg BT infinity line over a constantly fluctuating 'High' speed virgin media line any day.

They cap you to death if you download alot on their 'UNLIMITED' package. We are capped down to 10meg almost all of the time.

Also if you are not going to use that fat pipe to the interwebs and max out your connection on newsbin or something similar there isn't much point having more than say 40meg for moderate DL'ing, gaming and browsing.

Virgin media suck a fat one.

My net on a good day 11 years 3 days ago #696

I'm on hyperoptics (ex-founders of BE) 1Gb download and 1Gb upload package for £50 a month :)

www.hyperoptic.com

heh i wish ;)...they only do fibre to the building for flats or apartments right now so will be awhile till we can get those speeds to your house.

I changed from BE to TalkTalk's 80Mbit down 20Mbit up fibre package now as BE wont be doing fibre and have just been bought by Sky and so will be dead in a year :(

TalkTalk are a bunch of retarded fucking idiots, but the fibre is decent for the cheap price. They do throttle torrents 6pm to 12pm though but i rarely need any torrent instantly as i have so much to watch and play already so it does me fine and was surprised by a ping of 11ms to UK server on BF3.

As roo says i woulnd't touch virgin media even if they were available in my area, probably SKY's unlimited throttled fibre is the best but most expensive right now, although BT have just started a new unlimited throttled fibre package too but dunno how good that is.
Last Edit: 11 years 3 days ago by Leki.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site