• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day z Server HACKED

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #960

Daaaaamn, very very sad, why does bad stuff happen to good people... and servers? D:
Anyway bye everyone and good luck on life and shit
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Tim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #964

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
I'm surprised by the responses and private messages today.
It's great to know we such an awesome little community going here.

That being said, let me address the most common ideas/solutions people are bringing up:

1: Password the server.
We did this roughly 2 weeks ago and got various complaints. The password was easily accessible via the Shoutbox on the main page and via TeamSpeak... making it a little redundant. The server population suffered a lot but we kept the cheaters out.

2: Whitelist the server.
I looked into this inplace of passwording the server. Sadly DayZ.st (the server providers) have strict limitations in place. We can only really upload .pbo files and edit our database a little. (Editing it too much breaks Epoch.) I continue to research white/black lists but looks like an absolute pain in the ass to maintain.

3: Banning IP ranges/countries etc.
Several players have blamed the Russians for various things. I've spectated them on various occasions and am pretty sure they're not cheating. They work as a team, are stupidly aggressive and down-right rude... but they set a goal and stick to it.
(Many of you will know that I like to teleport to new players and offer them a simple vehicle or weapon to help them get off the coast. 90% of players raise their gun at me but are willing to quickly chat and assess what's going on... the remaining 10% are Russians who instantly open fire at me. My God-Mode laughs at their feeble efforts and leaves them to their 3km walk to Stary.) It's an interesting (Racist? :P ) idea but it's far from perfect.

The server being shut-down is not simply down to one or two things. It's the result of many months of constant hassles.
Think about it... how many times have you lost a vehicle? Been killed by a cheater? Had something taken by cheater?
Everytime something goes wrong, the Admins are there and ready to help replace things, teleport you to your body, respawn your helicopter, replace your lost car keys, the list goes on.
Being an Admin is almost a full-time tech-support job. You no longer play the game, you simply watch. Watch for cheaters, watch for moaners, trouble-makers and genuine people in need of real help for an Epoch related problem.

We've essentially been worn down fighting an on-going war against bugs, cheaters and moaners... that we can never win.

We don't want the server down, we don't want people losing out on their Epoch fun and we don't want all your friendly faces wandering off into other corners of the gaming internet where we'll never see you again.

We just don't have an alternative.

I'm considering proposing going halves with Coogie for a RUST server. (50/100 player slots.)

If this is something you're interested in, let me know. The more familiar faces, the better.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #966

hey DY i still think a password for all the players who are on the website and some of the other players who are regular players on the game would be a great Idea because then we will just have our little community and no FUCKING HACKING FUCKING TIT BAGS will be able to join only the people the admins and the owners trust. i still think that is a better way and every now and then change the password (but tell the players what it is first) and if there is any hacker who some how dose know the password cant join if you change it from time to time PS don't make the password the hardest thing to spell you know why DY

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #968

Oooo Rust server, that sounds interesting!

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #969

• DY357LX
LOOK_A_LOLRUS wrote:
hey DY i still think a password for all the players who are on the website and some of the other players who are regular players on the game would be a great Idea because then we will just have our little community and no FUCKING HACKING FUCKING TIT BAGS will be able to join only the people the admins and the owners trust. i still think that is a better way and every now and then change the password (but tell the players what it is first) and if there is any hacker who some how dose know the password cant join if you change it from time to time PS don't make the password the hardest thing to spell you know why DY

Yeah the passwording kinda worked but it obviously stopped new players finding our server.
It's amazing how many people won't open a website to find the password or join a TeamSpeak channel. They'll simply play elsewhere.
As for the spelling of the password... yeah, someone had a friend (I think it was you?) who simply couldn't join even though they were (apparently) typing the password right. I genuinely don't know what happened there. Let's blame DayZ Commander :)

As far as I know, seeing as the server subscription has been cancelled, that's it. It's gone. Even if we hit the renew button, we'd be assigned a new IP address, port and database. All your gear would still be gone.

When people say "Can you replace my gun/car/bag" etc... yes we can but it's very very time consuming. Sorting out one player can take close to an hour... we have 40+ regular names that play at different times of the day.
All it takes then, is for one cheater or Epoch bug to fuck everything up and we'd back to square one. Both of which are pretty common.

So yeah... my apologies to those of you who'll lose things. But there's only so much grief you can take before you look for ways out.
I think my friend Caboose still has a server up, I'll post the IP when he replies to my email.
(He's always tweaking things, playing with new ideas and FOB's to keep the players interested.)

I'm thinking about giving a Rust server a try for 2/3 months.
I'll see if Coogie wants to help me. If so we'll password the server for a week or two and let you guys get your bases established. (We can't pre-build them in Rust but we can offer a little guidance and help gather resources.)

If you see a Rust sub-forum pop-up here, then we're probably going ahead with renting one.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #970

yep but most of the new players are the ones who do that sort of thing.

and yeah lets blame Dayz commander and totally not my spelling cough cough. and oh i did not know that you would of had to do that but do you think you might make another dayz sever any time in the future?

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #973

• DY357LX
Not sure, I doubt it.

Caboose has a nice server and is a nice bloke, give his server a look: 185.2.137.132:3085
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by DY357LX.
  • Page:

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site