• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day z Server HACKED

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #931

Unfortunatly some sad twat decided to hack the server tonight and DELETED EVERYTHING!

All non scripted bases are gone and most safes are gone so everyone has nothing anymore.

At this point we are now discussing the future of the server and i have to say its not looking good at the moment.

UPDATE: Unfortunatly i have to say we will NOT be continuing the server subscrition, On the 25th of this month the server will be going offline for good.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #932

yeah unfortunately its not looking good, this is not the first time its happened, and we hadn't even recovered from the first time

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #933

UPDATE: Unfortunatly i have to say we will NOT be continuing the server subscrition, On the 25th of this month the server will be going offline for good.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #934

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the players and admins for the awesome experience up until today. This is sad news and i will miss this server.

Peace, Hozitron

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #935

:( This is indeed bad news :(
Thank you players and admins for the time you give up to make the server what it is a fun place
to be i will miss you all

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #936

We will be making EVERYONE super admins from here on, come join us this weekend and cause absolute havock and have a laugh :D

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #937

UID : 144297926 :D

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #941

[XTTP] JDM

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #943

[XTTP] Cluggy

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #944

[XTTP] Warvan

Shame about the server guys, had alot of fun here.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #945

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
It's been great fun guys. But sadly the cheaters (I refuse to call them "Hackers", they didn't hack or code anything) have worn our patience down to the bone.

We have 5/6 admins online for most of the day, every single day, yet it's all pointless if the anti-cheat (Battleye etc) is never updated.
(Bohemia Interactive have abandoned ArmA 2 + Battleye is updated every 2/3 months, at which point the hack creators simply change a few values/variable names or memory addresses in their code and they're good to go again.)

We shelled out for a private anti-hack (thanks to the donors who helped make this possible!) and that fixed a few problems but only for a short-time.
The author (Infistar) used to develop hacks but then turned to anti-cheat development in order to make money. The cheating-community frowned upon this and took to leaking his code on a regular basis.
And so it became (and still is) a cat and mouse game between Infistar and a few of his friends versus the cheat makers from various forums (that I won't link to here).

Every time a new cheat gets popular, Infistar finds a way to block it and ban you for using it. Everytime Infistar does that, the hack creators alter their code to get around the detection and ban.

Repeat 'til insane.

That's what we've been dealing with for 4/5 months and, as you can probably understand, we've gotten sick of it.

It takes anything from 5 to 50 minutes to update the anti-cheat, but then a restart is required (causing the server population to moan) and they we have to monitor the server logs carefully for errors in the code. This isn't a massive problem but it is extremely demoralizing to do all that work and then see some little cheating punk spawn himself an Apache only 20 minutes later. (This happened last week. Luckily Eddie was online to ban the guy.)

Updating to a new version of Epoch can take weeks due to DayZ.st being slow. Then I have to code in the mods slowly (self-bloodbag, take clothes, static AI, roaming AI, dynamic AI, missions... the list goes on)... it has to be done slowly and 1 or 2 mods at a time in case something breaks. DayZ.st have been decent hosts but incredibly and very closed off in what they allow you to access and edit.
(The newest anti-hack requires us to upload some .dll files. Because we can't do that, any bans in the last 4 hours are lost on restart. We have to manually alt-tab out of the game, retrieve the Battleye GUID and then manually update the bans log file.

The final straw for me was when cheaters learned how to spoof/clone player UID's. (Your UID is a unique number tied to your account.) Once they'd done that, they could log in as an Admin and basically spawn anything in. God Mode, wall-hacks, tanks, everything.
The Admins were logging in to find their character moved, equipment replaced, Humanity altered etc. It felt strangely intrusive when this happened to you. Almost like someone reading your emails or using your Steam account.
Once again, the anti-hack stopped this for all of a week whilst the cheat coders found a way around it.

But yeah, this has turned into me moaning now....

I honestly enjoyed the majority of my time in our server. Some really nice people, some crazy people, some people who are higher definition than others and some damn loveable foreigners. And Eddie :-P (I jest! <3)
I had a vast amount of laughs from spawning in behind people and scaring them.
Also, if you heard someone whispering nearby... then was invisible me, following you. Sorry about that :D

I hope to see some of you in other games with Coogie, Hyper and myself.
(I'm playing a lot of SplinterCell: Blacklist and Hearthstone.)

DayZ Epoch itself is moving game engines this year but the developers are staying quiet until they have something substantial to show.

I buy games on a pretty regular basic (95% of them PC, 5% PS4), you're all welcome to add me on Steam (same name - all caps) for more gaming/chatting/whatever.

See you in other games.... hopefully!
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #948

So I am sure you all discusses this long and thoroughly.

However since I love this server and Harry, Pretty and me are spending a lot of our free time here, I am really sad about this decision.

So maybe I can change your mind and make a few suggestions as to how we can improve this situation.

1. A simple method to stop hackers is the whitelist. I don't know how much work it is to implement this, but if you guys want I will seek it out and support you in doing that. Having a whitelist stops most of the hackers since they just seek a server to quickly cause some havoc and are usually too lazy to get whitelisted imo.

2. A server password - we have a solid playerbase of up to 50 players at peak times. Many of them are regular players which would imo dont worry about the hassle to enter a password and maybe invite friends to the server. This will sadly exclude most new players but I think we might be able to find a way to make the password available but keep hackers away. For example writing in the server description "PW for HACK PREVENTION - ASK FOR PW IN TS xxx.xxx.xx.xx" or something along those lines. This might even be attractive for some players and I guess hackers usually won't take the time to go to a teamspeak and talk to the admins for a password.

3. Easy and effective, though racist - Ban all russian IPs. I know it sounds like an extreme step, however on the server I was before, hacks were really reduced to a very bare minimum by doing this. The admin explained it like this:" Russians love to cheat. If you ban all russian IPs you might hit some people that are legit players, however the reduce in hacking attemps after implementing that is worth it."

I am sure, there are more ways than this, but I think adding one of these alone will drastically reduce the hacking attempts and stress you guys are having through them.
I honestly and really hope you are considering these changes instead of just shutting the server down. We searched a long time till we found a server as cool as this one and I would really love to keep on playing with all of you guys here.

So please do reconsider.

Thank you,

Ash

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #949

I guess all great things must come to an end but to be honest i don't want the sever to i have had a lot of great things happen to me, i meant Tim, Aerosplash and Tim's boyfriend and the time i had on this sever was the best time i have had as a gamer and most of the people on there are really nice apart from the Da'real. so i beg of you please try and keep the sever up and running and do you know what people who play the sever regally will not care that much if all there stuff has gone i don't because i might make a new mate trying to get it all back and thats what i love about the TTP dayz sever and i gotta admit no other dayz sever has players this awesome and admins this funny to mess around with and have fun with (coogi33 and stifler)

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #955

im devastated to hear the server is going offline. ive had a great time playing with you guys and the server cmmunity is one of the best of seen in dayz in a long, such a shame some cock suckers have to ruin it

Day z Server HACKED 10 years 1 month ago #956

gutted man I loved this server . Let me know where you guys migrate to
  • Page:

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site